Published 09.18 by Unknown

[TRANS] 130731 JYJ’s Kim Junsu Says, “It Was Unfortunate That We Weren’t Guaranteed A Fair Stage”

type='html'>
Appearing on NewsY.. “I want to be a singer who has a beautiful finish.”


“It would have been nice if I could have released an album with the guarantee of a fair stage, but that unfortunately didn’t happen.”

This was the answer that JYJ’s Kim Junsu (26) gave when asked what was hardest about his activities.

He appeared on NewsY on the 31st and explained, “Everyone experiences hardships in their lives,” and “To be clear, it would be the limitations on our broadcasted activities. It’s not that we want to be favored, I just think it would have been nice if I could have released an album with the guarantee of a fair stage, but that unfortunately didn’t happen.”

Kim Junsu, who was originally a member of TVXQ along with Kim Jaejoong and Park Yoochun, formed the group JYJ and released their first album in 2010, but were unable to appear on variety shows and music programs due to their dispute with SM ENtertainment.

However, the Fair Trade Commission recently found SM Entertainment guilty of interfering with JYJ’s activities as singers.

On this day’s program, Kim Junsu expressed his desire to participate in activities as he said, “Standing on stage and showcasing my album, without letting things get me down, is the best way to repay the people who have given me so much strength till now.”

Since releasing his second album ‘Incredible’, he has met with fans in Bangkok, Thailand and Shanghai, China on his Asia tour.

“I couldn’t be happier than I am now as a singer. Though I haven’t been able to appear on broadcasted shows for four years, I’m so thankful to see so many people coming to my concerts overseas. I believe I was able to release my second album thanks to the love of my fans.”

Kim Junsu also plans to greet his fans through musicals, as well as concerts.

He will be gracing the stage of the musical ‘Elisabeth’ once more as ‘Death’ (till September 7th, Seoul Arts Center’s Opera Theater).

“‘Elisabeth’ is the production that gave the opportunity to nurture my energy as a musical actor. I feel more affectionate about it because it was the production that helped me win the Best Musical Actor award at the Korea Musical Awards. So I thought that if the musical was ever going to be held again, I would want to be in it no matter what.”

With this year being the tenth anniversary of his debut, the opportunities open for Kim Junsu are endless.

Now that he has proved his potential as an actor on stage, he has received many ‘love calls’ from movies and dramas.

However, he emphasized, “I want to put even more of my energy into musicals.”

“I’m still learning so much on stage. And the other two members are doing so well as actors already. That’s why I’m going to wait till I’m better prepared, when the timing is perfect to try it.”

With his interview gracing the main page of the Grammys in the US, there are some who predict an American debut in the future, but Kim Junsu said this was still ‘a premature guess’.

“Of course, I have a dream of wanting to stand on the stage in the US one day. But instead of focusing on what’s way out in the future, I’d rather pour all of my attention on my new album.”

Then what will the next ten years of Kim Junsu’s life be like?

He believes that the last ten years as a singer have been the happiest days of his life.

“Popularity is like a bubble that could burst at any given moment. I don’t want to be obsessed with popularity, I just want to be a singer who has a beautiful finish. I couldn’t be happier if people could look back on K-pop and remember Kim Junsu as a singer and artiste who moved and inspired people. What I know for sure is that I would like to keep releasing albums as long as there are fans who want to listen to my music. I believe that if I keep such a calm and assured mindset, my life as an artiste will come to a beautiful end eventually.”

Source: [yonhap news]
Translated & Shared by: dongbangdata.net