Published 16.44 by Unknown

Lee Hyori Crowns Her Successor

Lee Hyori, a celebrity with many nicknames from sexy diva to social-tainer (coined term from “entertainer who actively advocates for social justice”), has named her successor.

On July 2, she made a special appearance on “Story On Woman Show” where she was asked, “Who do you pick as your successor?” Lee Hyori answered, “The junior singer who will take my place is IU. She will greatly surpass me with her special appeal.”

She explained, “I’m me. Other people are awesome, of course, but that’s their charm. I don’t think that there is someone just like me.”

Lee Hyori continued, “When I was promoting as a soloist, I respected senior Uhm Jung Hwa. Whenever I thought about thoughts like ‘Aren’t I old now? To be considered a dance singer now…’ I would think of senior Uhm Jung Hwa. I thought that I have to be a singer that will give juniors that kind of strength. Whenever they’re tired and want to give up, [they can think] ‘Ah, there was Hyori unni. I want to try like Hyori unni.’”

She advised, “ It’s good that they have those kinds of thoughts, but it would be hard to become like me if they thoughtlessly copy me.”

Lee Hyori previously shared at an interview when she just released her third album “It’s Hyorish” in 2008, “Even if I turn sixty years old, I think I’ll still be sexy.”